Baltimore is the most populous city in the U. State of Maryland is just 40 miles northeast of Washington D. C. It is a historical Maryland city with cosmopolitan flavours and earned acclaim for an impressive city full of world-class museums, new emerging boutiques, local culture and charming neighbourhoods. The city is a bustling hub of creative citizens, professional sports, and outdoor activities within driving distance from beaches where you can enjoy sun, sand and sea. It also ranks as one of the top U.S cities for healthy retirement living and is a great place to live, work and enjoy. So pack your bags by booking flights to Baltimore and enjoy a visit to a city full of recreational activities with a signature drink and fresh seafood.
There is so much to see and do in Baltimore that attracts thousands of visitors from all corners of the world. Some of its must-see attractions include:-
The Walter Art Museum:- The city is home to some of the finest museums. Among all the Walters Art Museum located in the Mount Vernon Cultural District is an internationally renowned institution with a comprehensive history of art from the third millennium BC to the early 20th century with amazing collections of ivories, enamels, jewelry, books and manuscripts from all corners of the world.
National Aquarium:-It is one of the most frequently visited attractions in the city in a striking building overlooking the inner harbour. Here the visitors can explore Atlantic and Pacific coral reefs, Australian aquatic life, Amazon River Forest where you can explore birds, frogs and a variety of larger mammals along with exotic species found in the Atlantic Coral Reef exhibits etc.
Fell’s Point:- If you need a break then do visit Fell Point, a historic area along the waterfront which is beautifully restored and has various restaurants, cafes, shops along a lively market building decked with stalls selling local food. You can reach here through water taxis that connect Fell’s Point to the Inner harbour.
Inner Harbour:- If you are with your family and kids then do visit Inner Harbour as there is no shortage of entertainment and activities over here. Do visit Maryland Science Centre, Port Discovery Children Museum, to waterfront attractions such as Historic Ships, the Top of the World Observation Level, Harborplace and the Gallery shopping centres etc.
Patterson Park:-Enjoy some respite at Patterson Park stretches across 137 acres is a great place to be. A marble fountain, swimming pool, lake, pagoda and the dog park are some of its attractions. It hosts various seasonal events and concerts that attract visitors and locals alike.
Major Airports in Baltimore
The commercial airports within the 50-mile radius of Baltimore, Maryland provide both domestic and commercial services to the users. The major airports serving the area include:-
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- Hagerstown Regional Airport
Major Airlines flying to Baltimore
- United Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- LATAM Airlines
- American Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- British Airways
- Air China
- Turkish Airlines
- Qatar Airways
When to book flights for Baltimore
For a great holiday trip to Baltimore and that saves the money as well then book flight to Baltimore in December as it is the cheapest month to fly whereas September proves most costly. The February is considered to be the best time to fly to Baltimore. The best time to book flights to Baltimore before 60 days of your desired departure date. The cost of the flight will increase if you book the flights just two weeks ahead of your journey. At present Friday is the most economical day to book flight to Baltimore whereas Monday is the most costly one.
Best time to visit
For an exciting holiday trip full of fun and frolic visit Baltimore from June to August which is the best time to visit Baltimore. For this you need to book in advance as the summers brings heavy crowds and thus there is great rise in hotel and airfare rates. During this time the city also overflows with unique events and festivities. Spring and fall has mild temperatures but the winters are chilly and are generally avoided by the tourists with January being the coldest month.
Useful Travel Tips
- It is true that inner harbour is the major attraction in Baltimore but there is much to see and explore over here so just don’t waste the trip in just one area.
- There are more than 400 varieties of local wines produced by wineries scattered all around the city. So a wine tour is must.
- To explore the eastern part of the state get an E-Z Pass that can get you through trolls quickly.
- There are number of ways to get around the city and many of them are affordable too. The Charm City Circulator and Harbour Connector water taxi are free transportation that stops at several major attractions of the city as well as its neighbourhoods of southern Baltimore. For cyclists the city has a bike share program and separate bike lanes along the main road.
- Baltimore is a small city and having a car is a bonus but parking a car in Mount Vernon is impossible so take Uber if you are going to that area.