Honolulu is the capital and the largest city of the U.S state of Hawaii. It is the remotest city in the world rooted in authentic Hawaiian tradition and ethnicities is a major hub for international business and military defence. It represents a unique blend of cultures, flawless beaches, cosmopolitan facilities, culturally rich local population, fine dining options, world-class shopping avenues, bustling industrial districts, historic downtown area , breathtaking coastal cliffs, amazing wildlife etc is truly a destination where you find everything that make it a great holiday destination. So hurry! Book flights to Honolulu the beautiful city which is a host to diverse east-west and Pacific cultures, tradition and flavours.
Easily accessible from North America, Asia, South Pacific and other destinations around the world, Hawaii is among the major tourist destinations in the USA with some major attractions that you surely love to visit.
Pearl Harbour:- It is the largest natural harbour in Hawaii is a National Historic Landmark. It is still active as naval base and houses several attractions such as World War II Valor in the Pacific Monument, Pacific Aviation Museum, Pearl Harbour National Museum etc to know more about its glorious history through video presentations, historic photographs, flight simulators etc.
Waikiki Beach:- The neighbourhood on the southern Honolulu is renowned for some of the gorgeous beaches , high-end resorts, great entertainment, high-end shopping stores etc. Waikiki Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Oahu with lots of fun things to do. Its two mile stretch of sand is quite popular among visitors and is an ideal place to swim, snorkel, canoe, surf or just sits and enjoying abundance of natural beauty.
Lyon Arboretum:- Don’t miss a visit to lush tropical rainforest which is home to wide variety of flora and fauna native to the Hawaiian Islands. Opened as a botanical garden in 1970, Lyon Aboretum has now become must-visit destination for tourists to enjoy various themed- gardens, and to enjoy 7+ mile hiking trail that offers a peaceful respite from the bustling Honolulu.
All of Oahu in one day tour:-If you want to explore all the beauty and diversity of Oahu then this all-day excursion tour is perfect for you to feel and explore major sites and landmarks of Oahu that include stunning cliffs of Makapu’u the gorgeous Waimea Bay and all other attractions. The entire excursion will take about 8 hours and is a comprehensive 120-mile tour.
Diamond Head Hike:- It is officially called Mt. Leahi but is better known as Diamond Head is one of the most famous volcanic centre in the world. At the top of its 760-feet summit you will get the breathtaking views of Waikiki beach along with the rest of South Shore. It is truly among the best of Oahu sights that you just can’t afford to miss.
Major Airports in Honolulu
Major airports serving the area of Honolulu include:-
- Daniel K. Inouye International Airport which is also known as Honolulu International Airport is the major public airport in the city and county of Honolulu on Oahu in the state of Hawaii is one of the 30 busiest airports in the country.
Major Airlines flying to Honolulu
- United Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Allegiant Airline
- Japan Airlines
- Air Canada
- China Eastern
- ANA(All Nippon Airways)
- Korean Air
- Air China
- China Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- Asiana Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
When to book flights for Honolulu
Honolulu is a popular year round destination to enjoy a fun-filled holiday trip. The high season months include June to mid-September and then mid-December to mid-January. During the summers children are out of school and many families enjoy spending their time over here whereas in winters people come here to enjoy snowy holidays in tropical location. During both the seasons there is a step rise in hotel bookings and airfare. If you want to save money then visit Honolulu in shoulder season from April to May or in low season from November to mid-December.
Best time to visit
The best time to visit Oahu is from mid-April to early June or from September to mid-December. During these shoulder seasons you can enjoy the maximum due to less crowded attractions lower hotel accommodation rates, great flight deals and plentiful of festivals. Another popular time to visit Oahu is between late December and early April to take part in various surfing competitions at the North shore.
Useful Travel Tips
- Honolulu is the biggest city in Hawaii and thus it is obvious that you may get traffic jams especially during the morning and evening rush hours. If you get stuck in traffic do not honk.
- Parking is quite costly here and may include in with room rates. It is very tough to find public parking spots so it is better to travel by bus. As the city has lot of well-maintained municipal and hop-on buses that you can take for short distances.
- Hawaii is a cultural melting pot and there are various immigrants from different parts of the world. Honolulu’s Chinatown is quite famous for its dining options where you can enjoy Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese delicacies. But keep in mind that many of its businesses closes by 3 P.M so if you are planning a visit then make sure to reach it before time.
- People visit Honolulu due to its abundance of natural beauty and magnificent beaches. Forty-two beaches out of fifty are free so take the advantage of it and enjoy your holidays.