About Los Angeles
Los Angeles or which is often referred as L.A is the most populous city in California. The entertainment capital of the world is the second-most populous city in the United States of America. It is renowned for its architectural brilliance, obsession with creativity, amazing food scene and balmy weather is truly a global city that one should visit. It is truly a dream destination blessed with endless shine, luxurious lifestyle, iconic landmarks, ethnic diversity, Hollywood, vibrant cultural scene, shopping avenues, beautiful festivals and events and scintillating nightlife etc are few among many reasons that compel visitors to visit this iconic city and enjoy a great fun-packed holiday trip. So pack your bags and book flights to Los Angeles the city of dreams and rich cultural heritage.
The sprawling city of Los Angeles has so many amazing attractions that one trip to this extraordinary destination is not enough at all. Here are a few top-rated attractions you just can’t afford to miss.
Universal Studio:- Universal Studio Theme Park is one of the major attraction renowned for its mind-blowing rides and working movie studios. You can even enjoy City Walk, a three-block entertainment area, guided tour of the studios with scrumptious dining and shopping.
Disneyland:-Located around an hour’s drive from Downtown Los Angeles, Disneyland is among the star attractions in the city. It was the first of Wald Disney’s chain of theme parks offer its visitors once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Griffith Park and Observatory:-If you want a respite from hustle and bustle of the city then do visit Griffith Park which is one of the largest municipal parks in the United States. It has one of the city’s most iconic landmarks the Griffith Observatory that offers the panoramic views of the surroundings.
Hollywood Walk of Fame:-If you are in L.A you surely want to capture the glimpses of your favourite Hollywood stars. Stroll along the Hollywood Walk of Game where more than 2,600 celebrities are immortalized in pink terrazzo and gold lettering.
Santa Monica:- Santa Monica is both chic and laid-back is a beautiful stretch of golden sand along the coast and the famous Santa Monica Pier. It has iconic ferry wheel, shopping avenues, waterfront and is populated with surfers, skateboarders, yoga devotes and locals to enjoy some great time.
Major Airports in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), is located in Westchester, which is, helpfully, west of downtown Los Angeles
- Ontario International Airport (ONT) is located in San Bernardino County, to the east of L.A
- John Wayne Airport (SNA) located in O.C
- Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR) Located in Burbank close to many film and TV studios
- Long Beach Airport (LGB) located in Long Beach, California
When to book flights for Los Angeles
If you want to save few bucks then block your flights 3 weeks in advance. Flights to Los Angeles are more expensive during the peak summer season. The high season is the months of June, July and August whereas the cheapest month to fly is January, February and September.
Major airlines fly to Los Angeles
Major airlines that fly to Los Angeles from around the world are:-
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- Virgin America
- Spirit Airline
- China Airlines
- Korea Airlines
- Air New Zealand
- Air Canada
- Singapore Airline
- Qatar Airline
Best time to visit
Most of people think that L.A is always full of people but like any other destination, it has peak and off-season. The best time to visit Los Angeles is from March to May and then from September to November. The weather is balmy and pleasant and makes good walking around the city, lots of outdoor activities to indulge in and enjoy. Winter even brings more visitors but January through April is tourist-wise less busy months. It is also a good time to enjoy great deals on flights and hotels.
- If travelling for the first time to L.A then get the SIM cards. Some SIM cards are valid for 10 days and some are for 30 days. These are prepaid and offer other facilities as well.
- Do try for a multi-attraction concession package. The “Go Los Angeles Card” offers plenty of activities and it is quite beneficial as well.
- As it is one of the global cities offers pretty good transportation service. It has the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transport authority runs six-color metro lines throughout the county.
- There is much more to see in Los Angeles then overpriced movie star home tours. Don’t buy maps sold on roadside. If you want to see a star then the most reliable way is to get tickets to be in a Los Angeles Studio audience
- Los Angeles has some wonderful museums and attractions and most of them are free on some particular days or weeks of the month. It is better to check when these attractions are free.