About Mexico City
Mexico City is the capital of Mexico and one of the most populous cities in North America. Just a five-hour flight from New-York takes you to this magnificent destination which has quickly become a popular weekend destination. It is one of the most important cultural, financial, political and educational hubs of North America which is exploded with culinary delights, innovative architecture, beautiful museums, lively neighbourhoods, multilayered history where traditions happily coexist with the contemporary. It is a fascination alpha global city; a pioneer of luxury travel is truly an enchanting jewel which is full of iconic landmarks that truly deserves a visit. So hurry! Book flights to Mexico City and enjoy a destination where every corner is sprinkled with amazing stories and attractions.
The lively and sprawling Mexico City is truly a great destination to visit. It has a rich and fascinating history, amazing attractions, great food and endless things to do which all make it an interesting destination to visit. Some of its amazing attractions include:-
Zocalo:- Located in the heart of the city, the Zocalo or the Plaza de la Constitucion is one of the largest squares in the world. Flanked by several numer of historic buildings such as Metropolitan Cathedral, the National Palace is used for hosting various events, concerts, demonstrations and social gatherings etc.
Xochimilco:- Located in the south of the city is the network canals along with the man-made islands which are affectionately called the “Venice of the New World” is among the popular tourist attractions. On weekends, trajineras, the brightly decorated flat-bottom boats carry tourists through these canals is now a UNESCO World Heritage site.
The Palace of Fine arts:- It is among the important cultural gem in the city. This massive building is no less than an architectural wonder designed by an Italian architect Adamo Boari was so heavy that it has sunk more than four meters despite repeated attempts to lighten it by removing parts of its huge dome. It serves as an opera house and concert hall hosting a variety of cultural events.
Chapultepec Park:- Don’t miss a visit to the largest park in the city spreading across 1,600 acres is home to several historic sites. The park is quite popular for its various recreational facilities and nearby attractions such as the National History Museum, National Museum of Anthropology and the Museum of Modern Art etc.
Coyoacan:- Do visit the magical neighbourhood of Mexico City the Coyoacan. It has a vibrant and lively atmosphere, cobblestone streets, colonial churches, bustling markets that takes you back in time. Avail the Mexico City Super Savor Tour, an 11-hour excursion that begins with a guided tour and helps you to explore other Frida Khalo Museum, Oldest University of North America and a boat tour along the canals of UNESCO Heritage Site Xochimilco.
Major Airports in Mexico City
Major airports serving the area of Mexico City include:-
- Mexico City International Airport which is officially named as Benito Juarez International Airport is the major airport serving the greater Mexico City.
Major Airlines flying to Mexico City
- Air Canada
- Viva Aerobus
- United Airlines
- American Airlines
- Air France
- Jet Airways
- China Southern
- British Airways
- Delta Airlines
- Qatar Airways
When to book flights for Mexico City
If you are planning a holiday trip to Mexico City then book at least four weeks in advance to get the best price deals. The prices of flights depend on multiple factors. Presently March is the cheapest month to fly and December is the most expensive one. Tuesday is the most economical day to book the flight and Sunday is the costly one. Flight bookings can be made cheaper if you book the flights in the evening while bookings at noon mean hike in prices. July, August and September are considered to be the high season so the air tickets and hotel bookings are also on the higher side.
Best time to visit
Mexico City is a year-round destination that you can visit any time of the year. But spring the months from March to May is the best time to visit it. Another good time is from September to November the months of fall. At both occasions the weather is pleasant neither hot not nor too cold and interesting cultural events were also going on during this time make it even more interesting time for the visitors to come and enjoy some great time over here.
Useful Travel Tips
- When you arrived at Mexico City you need to Use Uber and EcoBici the shared bikes. Get the Sim to make your trip more pleasant.
- Cash is still a king in Mexico City so to reduce the number of ATM trips and foreign withdrawal fee take out as much cash as you can at once
- Make sure you have travel insurance. You will get good health care over here but it is costly. On the other hand, if you need medicines or antibiotics etc you will get them very cheap at a pharmacy without a prescription.
- Think about your daily budget as Mexico City is not cheap .
- Don’t afraid to eat street food as Mexico City is a clean city and eating out is quite safe over here.
- Don’t trust strangers if they approach you with perfect English.
- Use public transport during the day time as it will give you a taste of local life and at night if you are alone you should not hesitate to order a taxi. Use Sitio taxis from authorized cab ranks or ask your hotel to book a taxi for you.