Nashville is the capital and the most populous city of the U.S state of Tennessee. It is one of the most beloved cities in the country due to rich culture, vibrant and lively music scene and great entertainment which draw millions of visitors every year to come and enjoy great fun-packed holidays. Acclaimed chefs, boutique hotels, affordable accommodation options, great accessibility, young and vibrant crowd, great music scene, welcoming residents, vibrant neighbourhoods, great outdoor facilities, blend of historic roots and modern and progressive thinking etc make it small town trapped in a big city make it truly an alluring destination that you love to visit and explore. So pack your bags and book cheap flights to Nashville to enjoy great fun-packed holidays.
There are so many top-rated attractions in Nashville that you love to visit again and again. Some of them include:-
Grand Ole Opry:- It is among the major attractions in the city and is the country’s most famous stage, a destination of top talent from across the globe and has millions of fans for over eight decades. With an ever-changing line-up, it blends the past, present and future stars and offers its spectators a one-of-a-kind experience.
The Parthenon:- The Parthenon in Centennial Park is a full-scale replica of the original Parthenon in Athens. It was built in 1897 designed by the veteran William Crawford as part of the Tennessee Centennial Exposition. Today it functions as an art museum and stands as the centrepiece in the park.
Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum:- Don’t miss a visit to the building that is home to the most exemplary music talents that you found nowhere else. It is a great place for music and history lovers where they can enjoy a great musical journey through the exhibits found at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Do visit the world’s most influential recording studio and Music Row Landmark; Studio B produced more than 35,000 songs by the legends.
The Hermitage:- Don’t miss a visit to the Hermitage, the former home of America’s seventh President, Andrew Jackson is among the most beautiful buildings in the city. It was originally constructed in 1819 and fully rebuilt later after 25 years later after a devastating fire. Enjoy a guided tour of the property; visit its old mansion, its exhibits and its fascinating museum.
Broadway:-If you want to indulge in entertainment, nightlife, great food then just don’t miss Broadway, downtown Nashville’s main thoroughfare. Lower Broadway is nicknamed “Honky Tonk Highway” because of various establishments that host live acts daily. Most of its bar hosts live musical acts each of which offers distinct atmosphere to its visitors is a great place to visit and enjoy.
Major Airports in Nashville
Major Airports serving the area of Nashville include:
- Nashville International Airport is the major airport in Tennessee which is visited by more than 18 million passengers each year. It handles both domestic and international flights and serves 75 different countries. It is the fourth fastest-growing and among the top 50 airports in North America.
Major Airlines flying to Nashville
- Southwest Airlines
- British Airways
- Qatar Airways
- American Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Turkish Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Spirit Airline
- Air Canada
- United Airlines
When to book flights for Nashville
If you are planning a holiday trip for Nashville then November is the month with most bookings to Nashville and February is the month of least bookings. Book at least two weeks in advance before the departure date to get the best deals on flights.
Best time to visit
Nashville is a great place that you can visit at any time of the year. It has a warm summer cool winters with mild and colorful spring and fall. If you are planning a holiday trip and looking for the best time to visit Nashville then visit it from April through October when the warm weather adds more charm to this city of music. You can visit it even during Christmas time in December to enjoy beautiful decorations and lively atmosphere as it is the low season. From March to November is a good time for budget travellers as there are lower prices on flights and hotel accommodations.
Useful travel tips
- Get around the city is easy. Visitors can opt for ridesharing services or can hire Uber or Lyft services during the rush hour
- The city also has a bus system. If you like to take advantage of public transportation then you need to be more flexible and prepared for a lot of walking.
- The city has a growing immigrant culture and thus you can found a lot of eateries with authentic food. To get the real taste of culture visit Plaza Mariachi, a converted grocery store with lots of shops, restaurants and markets.
- For spring to fall there are lots of events and festivals happening in the city and most of them are free as well. So plan your holidays accordingly.
- Smoking is prohibited in all enclosed public places in the state of Tennessee and the legal age for alcohol purchase and consumption is 21 years.