About New York
The city of New York or NYC is the most populous in the United States is an iconic destination that attracts visitors with its magnetic appeal. Situated on one of the world’s largest natural harbours it consists of five boroughs namely Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, the Bronx and Staten Island each of which has its character, attractions and charm. Whether you visit it for business, family holiday or city break you find it mesmerizing and appealing. Decked with brilliant architecture which is a beautiful amalgamation of old and new, delicious culinary delights, trendsetting shopping avenues, amazing museums and art galleries, the rich cultural heritage, sky-piercing skyscrapers, the luxurious hotels and vibrant and young nightlife everything about New York offers a fulfilling travel experience to its every visitor. New York is truly a destination that you just can’t afford to miss. So book flights to New York and enjoy a fantastic holiday trip.
The city of New York is so beautiful and full of an amazing array of attractions that on a single trip you can’t even think of exploring it. Some of its most alluring attractions include:-
Brooklyn Bridge:- There are around 789 bridges in NYC among all the most iconic and major attraction of the city is Brooklyn Bridge. Completed in 1883 it is a cable-stayed suspension bridge that gives you spectacular views of Manhattan skyline, especially at sunrise and sunset.
Times Square:- You just can’t afford to miss a visit to Times Square which is bright, loud and buzzing all the time. It is a major centre of entertainment full of life and energy decked with a plethora of shopping and restaurants that offer amazing options and opportunities to its every visitor.
Empire State Building:- It is one of the major attractions in the city and most famous landmarks. This 381 meters tall 102 story building was tallest in the world until the World Trade Centre. Its 86th and 102th Floor Observatory is the city’s highest open-air observation deck that offers impressive views of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania.
Statue of Liberty:- No tour to New York is considered complete without a visit to the Statue of Liberty, a gift from France to the United States. Built-in 1886, it is famous a symbol of freedom and the greatest American icon. It is one of the world’s largest statues standing 152 feet tall and weighing approx 450,000 pounds.
Fifth Avenue:- If you are a shopaholic then you just can’t afford to miss Fifth Avenue which is one of the world’s most famous shopping avenues and premier shopping areas in the city. Even no shoppers can enjoy a walk along Fifth Avenue. The best area runs from the south end of Central Park to the New York Public Library or from 60th to 40th Street.
Major Airports in New York
There are four major airports in New York which are:-
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- John F Kennedy International Airport
- LaGuardia Airport
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport
Major Airlines flying to New York
Some major airlines fly to New York are:-
- United Airlines
- American Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- British Airways
- Air France
- JetBlue Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- Qantas Airways
- Singapore Airline
- Cathy Pacific
- Qatar Airways
- Kuwait Airways
When to book flights for New York
New York is one of the most happening cities that one should visit at least once in their lifetime. Flights booked in January and February are estimated to be cheaper whereas June has costliest flight bookings. It is recommended to book flights one month before your holidays. Cheaper flight bookings are available in September, October and November. To find the cheap tickets to New York book flights on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
Best time to visit
New York is buzzing and thus year-round destination to visit. Each of its seasons offers plenty of reasons to visit it. The best time to visit New York is from April to June and then September to early November when the weather is warm and pleasant and is the peak season as well. The cheapest time to fly to New York City is on the weekends from mid-January to the end of February.
Useful travel tips
- The public transport in the city is great even the subways. The subway is a cheap and affordable way to explore the city. Buy MetroCards from approved vendors in a station and always stand behind the yellow line while waiting for trains.
- If you want to eat from restaurants always check ratings. If they have “A” ratings from the NYC Health Department then eat only there. Non-ratings mean they don’t have clean kitchens. Leave them immediately
- Don’t obsess only about the major attractions in the city. New York has so much to see and o that one trip is not at all enough
- Keep your belongings close and pay special attention to the surroundings. As pickpockets working as a team and most of the street performances often attract pickpockets
- Tourist seasons such as Christmas and New Year are magical but very expensive as well. Choose slower tourist months to save money and time
- Wake up early to experience the rich cultural experience and watch the destination wake up. New York is a busy city and crowded too. So you surely relish being up early and enjoying some free walking on its busy streets
- Check out the websites of museums and other attractions and plan a visit accordingly when they offer free or reduced-price admissions
- If you are planning a sightseeing trip to explore its maximum sights then New York Sightseeing Pass is a must
- If you want to explore the city on a car then use the parking app to find cheap parking in the city such as ParkMe, SpotHero and BestParking etc