Toronto is the provincial capital of Ontario is one of the largest and most populous cities in Canada. With a motto ”Diversity our Strength” it has one of the largest population of immigrants from around the globe which make it a cultural hotbed, a bright and buzzing metropolis with wide range of cultures, languages, food and art scene make it one of the world’s most multicultural cities that one must visit at least once in their life. It is the financial and banking capital of the country and is a world leader in business, finance, technology, entertainment and culture. If you are looking for a fun-packed holiday full of relaxation, and thrill then book flights to Toronto now and enjoy this one-of-a-kind shopping destination with buzzing creative scene, lively nightlife and incredible food that you will find nowhere else.
There is so much to see, explore, do and enjoy on a holiday trip to Toronto that it becomes very difficult for visitors where to start from. Some of its top-rated attractions include:-
CN Tower:-It is a famous landmark and one of the must-see attractions in Toronto. This 553-meters towering Canadian icon can be seen from almost everywhere in the city is the tallest freestanding structure in the world. A glass elevator takes the visitors to where they can look out from behind the glass window or from the observation area to capture the panoramic views of the city. There is an edge-walk, a revolving 360 Restaurant and a glass floor to enjoy some great time over here.
The Distillery District:- It is a restored historic area where you can experience the charm of Victorian Toronto. It is now transformed into a trendy entertainment and shopping district considered as one of the hottest spots in Canada where you can find restaurants charming boutiques, art galleries and entertainment venues. A variety of entertainment events are also held here and are quite renowned for its lively annual Christmas Market.
Ripley’s Aquarium:- If you are with kids then don’t miss a visit to Ripley’s Aquarium which has 16,000 aquatic animals all swimming in one tank filled with more than 1.5 million gallons of water. One can view all this by walking through an underwater tunnel which is North America’s largest viewing tunnel.
Casa Loma:- Don’t miss a visit to the landmark attraction in Toronto the Casa Loma which is a huge castle with 98 rooms and was the largest house in Toronto when it was built. It is a magnificent complex with secret passageways, a lovely garden, a library, a hunting lodge and an elevator.
St. Lawrence Market:- enjoy a great shopping experience at St. Lawrence Market which was built in 1850. Today it has three buildings one for speciality foods, another for Saturday farmer’s market and the third one has retail shops. The building provides a great atmosphere to its visitors and makes it a must-see attraction as well.
Major Airports in Toronto
Major airports serving the area of Toronto include:-
- Pearson International Airport is the busiest Airport in Canada
- Billy Bishop Airport is closer to downtown and thus is the most convenient to get to the city
- Niagara Falls International Airport or the Hamilton International Airport if you want to visit Niagara Wine County outside of Toronto
Major Airlines flying to Toronto
- Delta Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- United Airlines
- Air Canada
- Jet Airways
- British Airways
- Korean Air
- Air France
- Turkish Airlines
- China Southern
- Cathy Pacific
- Saudia Fligts
- Air India
- Air China
- Egypt Air
- Ukraine International
- Austrian Airlines
- Asiana Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Oman Air
- SriLankan Airlines
- Japan Airlines
When to book flights for Toronto
If you are planning a holiday trip to Toronto that too in a budget then currently March is the cheapest month to fly to Toronto while August is the costliest one. You will find the cheapest flight to Toronto in May and June and the prices are on the higher side as the year progresses due to lots of events and festivals that take place between June and October. The cheapest flights to Toronto are usually found on Wednesday while the departure day with the highest cost is Sunday. Flights in the evening are typically the cheapest while noon is usually the most expensive.
Best time to visit
To enjoy the best holidays in Toronto plan your holiday trip from late April through May and from mid-September through mid-October. It is the best time to visit Toronto. The peak tourist season at Toronto is summers due to warm and sunny weather, the sidewalks come alive due to pedestrian markets, lots of cultural events occur during this time and thus you will enjoy some great time over here. But during this time there is a steep rise in hotel prices and airfares. If you want to save a few bucks then winter is a great time with freezing cold temperatures along with lots of winter activities.
Useful travel tips
- There are lots of museums and beaches which are free to choose from every part of the city which you can easily see without spending a lot of money.
- Tourists can purchase City Pass that you can use to explore some major attractions in the city like CN Tower, Casa Loma, Ontario Science Centre etc. So fit them in your itinerary as well.
- If you want to explore the rich heritage of the city then Heritage Toronto Walks are free and are offered from May-October each year. It is indeed a wonderful way to explore the rich diversity of the city and you don’t have to make reservations for this.
- Uber is cheaper than taxis and is the best way to get around the city. Uber share option is also available where you can share a ride to get better savings.
- English and French are two official languages of Canda but you can hear lots of other languages such as Cantonese, Punjabi, Tagalog, and Mandarin etc due to diverse residents and ever-increasing immigrant population.
- Another best way to explore the city is Public Transportation. The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) runs three modes- subway, streetcar and bus which you can opt to explore the city and suburbs.